Grapevine Club Championship
1st – Jeff Dodson – 144
2nd – Robert Selldin – 150
3rd – Jon Denney – 151
4th – Bryan Stiegman – 154
1st – Ronnie Hatley – 158
2nd – Charles Beavers – 160
T3rd – Craig Gistinger – 161
T3rd – Brent Smith – 161
1st Gross – Rich Plotsky – 169
2nd Gross – Mark McHugh – 171
1st Net – Don Dober – 140
2nd Net – Gary Alexander – 142
Today is: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH, 2017
The 18 Hole rotation is MOCKINGBIRD TO BLUEBONNET
Stand Alone 9 is: PECAN
Cart Rule: 90 DEGREE
The Range is: OPEN UNTIL 10:00 PM
**Pro Shop Hours: 6:15 AM – 6:30 PM**
**Carts are due back in at: 7:15 PM**
GRAPEVINE JUNIOR GOLF ACADEMY
We are very excited about our 2nd year of the Grapevine Golf Course Junior Golf Academy which begins Wednesday September 6th. Last year we had as many as 14 junior participate in our junior academy. For more information, please read below. For more information, please call the golf shop at 817-410-3377.
Junior Golf (age 8-17)
Grapevine GC Junior Academy– for beginner to intermediate golfer’s age 8-17 years old.
- Fun, structured year round learning environment
- Team events with other participating courses. (entry fee extra)
- 1 each weekday (Wed. 4:30-5:30pm) practice and 1 each weekend (Sun. 2-3pm) practice administered by Grapevine GC professional staff
- 2 each playing activities (3-9 holes) per month
- Range access ($25 per month) outside of practice sessions
- 10% off Junior Green Fee rates (M-Th) and weekend twilight rates
- Cost – $199 per month, 3 month minimum commitment, 30 day notice to withdraw
- Limited to 24 participates/juniors. Minimum of 6 participates required to start program
- To register, send an email to email@example.com to request a registration form
- The Junior Academy will be administered by the Grapevine Golf Course professional staff.
New Player Development Program (starting September!)
- Unlimited range balls for single person
- 10% discount on twilight green fees, private instruction and golf shop apparel
- Complimentary weekly instruction clinics – must RSVP (limited to 1st eight PDP members to RSVP)
- Weekly Topics = Week 1 – Short Game; Week 2 – Full Swing ; Week 3 – Mental Game/Course Management; Week 4 – Putting
- Clinics on Tuesdays (6-7pm) & Saturdays (11-12pm)
- Cost is $99.95 per month (3 month min. required)
MONTHLY TOURNAMENTS AND EVENTS
27 – Allstate – 8:30am Shotgun
30/Oct 1 – Grapevine Golf Association Championship – 8:00am Tee Times
2 – Grapevine Chamber of Commerce Tournament (GOLF COURSE & RANGE CLOSED ALL DAY)
6 – AACRE Tournament 8:00am SG (GOLF COURSE CLOSED UNTIL 2:00PM; RANGE CLOSED UNTIL 9:00AM)
PAR 3 CONTEST RESULTS 9/21/17
1st – Pat Costello – 28
2nd – Steve Buckland – 30
3rd – Paul De Freitas – 30
4th – Nacho Dominguez – 30
5th – Brian Temple – 31
6th – Ross Horton – 31
**PAR 3 CHAMPIONSHIP**
Thursday, September 28th – $20 Entry Fee + Cart Fee ($9.74) – Individual Stroke Play
GET GOLF READY CLINIC LEVEL 2
Know someone who wants to learn more about golf, meet great people and have fun at the same time? Played before but want to get better? Join our next Get Golf Ready Level 2 clinic starting in October.
This clinic is designed for intermediate/some experience/completed GGR Level 1 clinic golfers of all ages (18+) and is taught in a fun and friendly atmosphere. This weekly clinic (minimum of 4 students; max of 8) meets on Wednesday evenings (5:30pm – 7:00pm).
The clinics will cover the following: putting & strategy (distance & direction; green reading 101), chipping & pitching (difference between; club choice; strategy), importance of impact for a variety of shots – full swing, and putting it all together on the course. This clinic will spend most of the time on the golf course.
The cost of the clinic is $150 per person. To register, please go to www.grapevinegc.com. Click on Golf Lessons & Clinics, scroll down to Get Golf Ready Level 2.
AUDUBON COOPERATIVE SANCTUARY PROGRAM FOR GOLF
To further our commitment to environmental stewardship Grapevine Golf Course has become a member of Audubon International and is seeking certification in their Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program for Golf. Thus far we have been recognized by Audubon International for the environmental plan we have put forth and will be implementing over the next year. There are five sections to the certification process and we plan to keep you up to date as we complete each section
GRAPEVINE BUNKER PROJECT
Grapevine GC has completed its Bunker project of all 47 Bunkers. Come and experience the best bunkers in the DFW area. Better Billy Bunker liner was used along with Premier White Sand (“Arkansas White”). This is the same liner and sand used at Augusta National. Come have a Master’s Bunker experience.